Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Dock......


........ and the DUCK......

I have to admit, he was a very cute duck. But when he started walking towards that white aisle runner, all I could think was, "Oh my God, what if he POOPS!!!!" I considered chasing him off. But one look at my dirty shoes and I realize that I would be doing more harm than good. I contemplated waiting it out for the next few hours, watching Mr. Duck and trying to monitor his every move before the wedding took place. But in the end I realized that this was a dock on the water- Mr. Duck's turf, not mine. I had to go, and had to hope that he would be respectful of the white aisle, the white flowers, and the wedding guests....


I later heard that the wedding went off without a hitch. The flowers and the aisle looked great, and Mr. Duck was nowhere to be seen....

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and unique, what a great idea. Love the duck story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea for aisle decor! I have a client next summer who cannot "puncture" the ground (i.e. with cast iron stand hooks, or the like) since her ceremony is in a nature preserve, and this looks just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked out well! The buckets framed the aisle nicely, and as you noted, they don't alter the ground in any way. Plus, they can be moved to another location for the reception :)

      Delete