Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Eleanor's Bouquet

Back in May, I created a bridal bouquet for my friend and fellow floral designer Eleanor (of Bash & Bloom). Over the years I have created bridal bouquets for many friends, but never for a fellow floral designer- it was so fun, a bit terrifying, and a huge honor!

Eleanor gave me a dream set of instructions- "I don't want to know what you are putting in it. I want it to be big and wild."

May is such a great month for flowers, and Eleanor's bouquet was filled with locally-grown ranunculas, poppies, clematis, and foliages, plus mock orange and more clematis vines from my garden. It was dreamy!

I was so nervous on my way to bring it to her. I always want the bride to love her bouquet, but in Eleanor's case there was the added fact that she is an accomplished floral designer, and as such really knows what she is looking at.

When I gave it to her, she teared up and said, "It's perfect." Pretty much the highest complement possible! Thanks Eleanor!

A huge congratulations Eleanor and Matt! You two are made for each other, and I am lucky to call you my friends. Thank you for entrusting me with the job of making your bouquet- it was such an honor!

All of these gorgeous photos are courtesy of Shane Macomber.

No comments:

Post a Comment